Monday, June 24, 2013

Ready for Routine


I’m starting to feel like my life is normal again. God deserves all the credit for getting me through a crazy 6 months, and I am thankful for everyones prayers. Now I hope to have - and enjoy - some routines. I don’t want to be bored, but I don’t need the excitement I’ve had since January. (OK - I’d be happy to go to Paris again. Or Mexico. Or Austin. Or...)


Here’s what I’ve completed since Marianne upended my world in January. I transferred some accounts to her and updated the rest with just me. I moved to Mountain View. I found a church home and a church group to meet with weekly. I got served with the divorce lawsuit and signed tons of papers. I started seeing a counselor so I could talk about my feelings and maybe learn not to repeat mistakes. I bought a car. I had severe buyers remorse. I flew a lot. Austin 3 times, Mexico City, Paris. I destroyed my sleep schedule for weeks. I started living on a budget again and rebuilding my savings. (With the help of Mint.com’s iPhone app.
I’ve got lots of ideas for projects to keep the next 6 months interesting. So many, that I intend to devote just a month to each one. They are:
  • Record myself playing Kingdom Rush (a video game that the Cannon kids like)
  • Train myself to recognize micro-expressions of emotion, like the TV show “Lie to Me”
  • Make some art with my pastels
  • Take nature photos on hikes
  • Do standup
  • Write my Peace Corps book
  • Juggle
  • Learn more ways to solve the Rubik’s cube
  • Get conversational in Spanish
  • Get conversational in German
I’d love your input. What are the top 3 you think I should start with?

My biggest wish for the 2nd half of the year is to be spared anything like that January bombshell. Instead I’d like to: grow deeper in my relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit; replenish my savings, network for my career, and get fit. I also want to give blood regularly, volunteer, and spend time with friends new and old.

Thanks for all the praying you’ve done. I’m not suffering any more physical or emotional effects, other than occasional twinges of resentment and loneliness. And I’m getting fat from not enough physical activity. Meanwhile, Marianne hasn’t been in touch in a month. The divorce paperwork is circulating through the court system and should be finalized in July or August. I will officially be single again on August 13. That’s 11 weeks after our 12th anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment